How Do I Start On Line Recovery Counseling?

To schedule a free 30 minute consultation with a counselor go to the Stages2Change website:
http://www.stages2change.com/

Email exchanges: susanbeerybuck@gmail.com

Friday, June 10, 2011

Desiring Change - When Money is Tight

Saying a Prayer of Gratitude and Trust

Bills keep coming to our house.  Monthly insurance, house payments, credit cards, groceries, car payments and on and on.  There seems to be more money going out than coming in.  

There is a provision that is more than money.
Reading the news, I see that many people are getting laid off, gas prices are skyrocketing, milk is $4.00 or more a gallon.  Medical insurance is almost price prohibitive . . . our family's insurance is many times more than our house payment. People are choosing to not have medical insurance because they cannot afford it. Let's face it - life costs!
What do you do when money is tight?
I have read all the cost cutting books.  I pay God first, use coupons, discounts, shop at Goodwill, market on Ebay, have garage sales and look for ways to save money and reduce our costs.  Still . . . it seems there is not enough money at the end of the month and sometimes in the middle of the month.

As a person of faith, when there is not enough money for the day, I believe I am being tested.  Will I trust God to provide for all my needs?  

If God is my provider, and I am the steward of my possessions, than I need to trust that He will give me what I need . . . maybe not what I want . . . .but what I need. 

When I consider today - just today . . . I am able to say . . .today I have a roof over my head.  I am in good health.  I have food in the cabinets.  I have a family who loves me.  I have a car to drive.  I am blessed.

My prayer of gratitude today:

Thank you God for providing for me today.  
I will trust that you will provide for me 
in the future, too.  I know you care for the birds in the air . . . 
I will believe that you will take care of me too.  
I love you.

Your child . . . Susan

www.stages2change.com

No comments:

Post a Comment